DS1232 MicroMonitor Chip
The DS1232LP/LPS Low Power MicroMonitor Chip monitors three vital conditions for a microprocessor: power supply, software execution, and external over-ride. First, a precision temperature compensated reference and comparator circuit monitors the status of VCC. When an out-of-tolerance condition occurs, an internal power-fail signal is generated which forces reset to the active state. When VCC returns to an in-tolerance condition, the reset signals are kept in the active state for a minimum of 250 ms to allow the power supply and processor to stabilize.
The second function the DS1232LP/LPS performs is pushbutton reset control. The DS1232 debounces the push button input and guarantees an active reset pulse width of 250 ms minimum. The third function is a watchdog timer. The DS1232LP/LPS has an internal timer that forces the reset signals to the active state if the strobe input is not driven low prior to the timeout. The watchdog timer function can be set to operate on timeout settings of approximately 150 ms, 600 ms, and 1.2 seconds.
Features of DS1232
- Super-low power version of DS1232
- 50 µA quiescent current
- Halts and restarts an out-of-control microprocessor
- Automatically restarts microprocessor after power failure
- Monitors pushbutton for external override
- Accurate 5% or 10% microprocessor power supply monitoring
- 8-pin DIP, 8-pin SOIC or space-saving µ-SOP package available
- Optional 16-pin SOIC package available
- Industrial temperature -40°C to +85°C available, designated N