3A Adjustable Regulator
This DC to DC Buck/step-down voltage converter module is based on MP1584 IC from Monolithic Power Systems, it converts input voltage between 4.5V and 28V into a smaller voltage between 0.8V and 18V, capable of driving a 3 Ampere load with excellent line and load regulation.
MP1584 is a high-frequency step-down switching regulator with an integrated internal high-side high voltage power MOSFET. MP1584 provides 3A output with current mode control for fast loop response and easy compensation. The wide 4.5V to 28V input range accommodates a variety of step-down applications, including those in an automotive input environment. A 100µA operational quiescent current allows use in battery-powered applications. High power conversion efficiency over a wide load range is achieved by scaling down the switching frequency at light load condition to reduce the switching and gate driving losses.
Feature of MP1584 Module
- Wide 4.5V to 28V Operating Input Range
- Up to 92% Efficiency
- Programmable Switching Frequency from 100kHz to 1.5MHz
- High-Efficiency Pulse Skipping Mode for Ceramic Capacitor Stable
- Internally Set Current Limit without a Current Sensing Resistor
- Cycle-by-Cycle Over Current Protection
- Input Under Voltage Lockout